TuffGuys Civony Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Alliance Website for The TUFFEST Alliance in CIVONY!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frequently Asked Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tuff
Admin
Admin
Tuff

Frequently Asked Questions Empty
PostSubject: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Q- Do The Buffs Stack?

A- No the Buffs do not stack the time of the second buff will just be added on
example buff for 25 min for 25 % if you add another it would just be for 50 min not 50 %

Q- How Do You Increase Production?

A- To Increase Production on any resource you must build more Farms(Food), Sawmills(Lumber), Quarrys(Stone) and Ironmine(Iron)
For each one you have and each level you get more production

Q_ How Do I Get More Cents/Dollars?

A- There Are a few methods of doing this.
-Buy Them
-Get By Doing Quests(this is only first like 10 quests you never get them again this way afterward)
-Spinning The Wheel Of Fortune( Use amulets)

How do I gain gold?

A-Gaining gold can be a difficult. Following the in-game quests you will be instructed to raise your tax rate to 20% to get a decent bit of gold coming in. If you haven't noticed already, the tax rate is directly proportional to your towns loyalty, in that if you raise taxes to 30%, your loyalty will drop to 70%.Raising your population will bring in more people to pay taxes, which results in more money for you as well. Build and upgrade cottages to create more tax payers.
As a temporary fix, you can also do the following:
- Sell extra resources to other players through your marketplace
- Use an in-game item to temporarily increase your tax income
- Run a levy to generate gold (will lower town loyalty)
- Complete a quest that gives gold as a reward

What Should I have My Tax Rate At?

A-There Are Two Good Arguments On This:

Using math, I will prove that the optimal tax rate is 50%.

(P.S. The question marks are division symbols. The forums don't display them, for some reason.)

Population = [1 - (0.01 x Tax Rate)] x Max Population
Tax Income = (0.01 x Tax Rate) x Population

so Tax Income = (0.01 x Tax Rate) x [1 - (0.01 x Tax Rate)] x Max Population

It's simplifying time!

TI = (0.01 x Tax Rate) x [1 - (0.01 x Tax Rate)] x Max Population

TI = (MP ? 100)TR x (1 - 0.01TR)

TI = (MP ? 100)TR - (MP ? 10,000)TR2

Tax Income = (Max Pop ? 100) x Tax Rate - (Max Pop ? 10,000) x Tax Rate2

If you plug in any max population, it always comes out with a tax rate of 50 being the best.

Next One

Default Lord Wellington's Gold Tip!
Hello folks.

Many of you maybe be in trouble with gold. Well I myself, Lord Wellington can help you.

In my main city I am making 10k gold an hour.

1. You need a lot of food to do this.
2. Population of 15k or over.
3. A lot of cottages.

I have 19 cottages in my main village. 4 lvl 5's, and the rest lvl 4's.

Put your tax rate to 100%, and you will see your loyalty is going down, now, best thing i use is my food and a thing called comforting.
Every 15mins, keep using the "Disaster Relief" Comfort. Brings your loyalty up by 5 and there is no Public Greivence

Warning! Do not do this when going to sleep. Or you will wake up with no Loyalty, and no population.

I have currently 18207 Population12692 Idle Population Population Trend Upward.

My loyalty is at 92/0 but my loyalty trend - Downward. (thats where comforting comes in)

YOU Decide

MORE TO COME SOON

Last edited by Tuff on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://tuffguys.forumotion.com
Tuff
Admin
Admin
Tuff

PostSubject: FAQ pt2   Frequently Asked Questions EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Q- How do I attack?

A- To attack another player, flat, or valley, go to the world map screen and either input the coordinates or click the location you want to attack. You will have the options to scout and attack. It is recommended to scout out attacks first so you have an idea of what you're up against. Whatever option you choose, you will be prompted to choose which units to send and the amount. Attacks require a hero, so use the drop-down box to choose the hero you want to send along. Also if you want better scouting results then up your informatics level in academy.

If you are attacking another player you may get a message saying they are still under protection - new players have seven days protection to get their towns and forces built up. Try again in a few days if you see this and really want to attack that person.

Q- How do I use an Aries Amulet?

A- The easiest way to use an Aries Amulet is to click on the roulette icon on the lower left corner of the screen. Input the number of Amulets to use, then let the 'wheel' spin. If you have multiple amulets, after the first spin you can choose continue to play again. If not, pressing continue will allow you to purchase coins from UMGE. It does sometimes take a few minutes for items to show up, especially resources so be patient with it.

You can also get to them and your other items by clicking the 'My Items' button under your avatar image on the upper right-hand side. Go to the 'Chests' section and you'll see your Aries Amulet. Click 'Details' and then 'Apply'.

Q- How do I use a valley?

A- Once conquered, you gain the benefit of the valley immediately. You can view your bonuses in your Town Hall. It is not required to keep troops at the conquered valleys, but they are free for other players to claim if not defended.

How does loyalty work?

Q- Basically, loyalty is the happiness of your citizens, the higher it is, the higher your population will grow, up to the max population size. You can affect loyalty by changing the tax rate, running a Levy (this will always drop loyalty), or some type relief action (praying or disaster relief). There are also a few items that affect the loyalty of your town and medals that affect the loyalty of your hero's.

Q- How do I use items (medals, chests, etc.)?

A- Items are accessed by clicking the 'My Items' button under your avatar picture. Find the item you are looking for, click details, and then click apply to use the desired item.

Q- I cant send my hero to attack!

A- Hero's have to be in Idle status to go out. If you only have one hero and he is set as the Castellan, you will need to either recruit another Hero or remove the Castellan title temporarily to send him out to attack. Otherwise, wait for your other hero's to stop whatever action they are currently doing, then send them out again.

MORE TO COME
Back to top Go down
Tuff
Admin
Admin
Tuff

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Population

population is effected by two main things, first the number and level of you cottages, this determines your population limit, and second, by your loyalty rating. Loyalty, though it can be effected by other things such as attacks, is primarily based on your tax rate the higher your tax rate the lower your loyalty. The basic formula for determining what your stable population will be is (population limit) * (Loyalty/100), in other words, if you have a population limit of 100 and loyalty of 90 it would be 100*(90/100), and so your stable population would be 90.

Flag color
Gold is yours, Green-others in your alliance, Blue- people in an alliance with whom you are friendly, Red- an alliance with whom you are hostile, Grey- anyone who is not in one of the above.
Valleys

first thing to know is that the number of valleys you can have is determined by your town hall level, the higher your town hall the more valleys you can have. Second, valley levels change periodically and without notice, so it may be a good idea to check the valley you are attacking when your troops are about 1 min out and make sure that the level 1 valley you thought you were attacking is not now a level 10. Also keep in mind that valleys provide benefits to the city from which you sent the conquering troops, not your entire empire.

How to build a new city
Link Here

Alliance Rank Options
Member: Quit Alliance
Officer: Invite, Pending Application, Resignation, Quit Alliance
Presbyter: Invite, Pending Application, Permission, Resgination, Quit Alliance
Vice Host: Invite, Pending Application, Permission, Introduction, Diplomacy, Group Message Resgination, Quit Alliance
Host: all the above, plus Relinquish Host
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TuffGuys Civony Alliance :: FAQ's and Guides-
Jump to: