TuffGuys Civony Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Alliance Website for The TUFFEST Alliance in CIVONY!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Web Developers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bilco
Officer
Bilco

Web Developers Empty
PostSubject: Web Developers   Web Developers EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:43 am

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any web developers here? HTML PHP SQL ect ect?
Back to top Go down
Gnaw

Web Developers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web Developers   Web Developers EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Bilco wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any web developers here? HTML PHP SQL ect ect?

I am software engineer and I am familiar with the languages and the DB you mentioned. Whats up? What do you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Bilco
Officer
Bilco

Web Developers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web Developers   Web Developers EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:58 pm

One thing I noticed about this game is there is not much information about the alliance as a whole.

It is very hard to create higher level battle plans when you don’t know where any of your alliance cities are, and even more importantly your enemies.

I am somewhat brainstorming of ideas to implement an offline database and website that would consist of our City locations and possibly locations of our Enemies and friends.

The Civony developers created each province (at least servers 1 and 2) that can easily be broken down into 75x75 area Quadrants and even further into 25x25 area cells.

My Vision would be to create a site that with a few check marks, you would be able to see all your friends and enemies nearest you.
The leaders of our alliance would also then be able to create alliance wide attack plans without too much difficulty. Dashboards and large maps could easily be created.

I *might* have some available web space, and I could program the back end with PHP and Mysql.

Two problems I see are creating a nice front end, and even if this gets all complete, would our alliance members and friends help update the cities around them?
I certainly do not want to continually be updating everyone’s cities.
Back to top Go down
Gnaw

Web Developers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web Developers   Web Developers EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Its a big job, but I like it. I think the biggest question is wether or not alliance members will update the database with the info. Doing all that work for nothing would suck, I reccommned we try Google Docs to see how many people wil participate before making a streamlined interface for tracking all the info.
Back to top Go down
Ayleena
Presbyter
Ayleena

Web Developers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web Developers   Web Developers EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:56 pm

I like the idea a lot! Just want to let youknow that although I know nothing of the programming you are talking about, I would definitely be willing to help mark city locations on the map! It would be REALLY easy if you guys could somehow make it so you can just punch in the coords, pick a name and freind or foe, and then it shows up on the map. If it were that easy I dont think you would have trouble at all finding alliance members to help fill it in.
Back to top Go down
Bilco
Officer
Bilco

Web Developers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web Developers   Web Developers EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:29 pm

I guess I will see what happens and if anyone else would support this idea when I get back on holidays. I am home May 20th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Web Developers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web Developers   Web Developers Empty

Back to top Go down

Web Developers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TuffGuys Civony Alliance :: General Forum-
Jump to: